Opening a cafe is a good idea for a small family business. The main emphasis in the cafe business plan is made on creating comfort.
Overview of Cafe Market
Restaurant business is a sector of economy characterized by its own peculiar features, patterns and a fast pace of development all over the world.
While people in our country prefer to eat in large network restaurants, the foreigners most often visit such places on holidays. Instead, for everyday meals they choose small cafes or family-type restaurants where everyone knows each other for years.
Such cafe-restaurants are of two types. The cafes of the first type usually locate in the business centers of cities, so businessmen come here for a lunch or a business meeting. The cafes of the second type most often locate in the suburbs and private buildings and are served by the members of one or two families. Therefore, the atmosphere here is cozy prompting to friendly conversations.
Peculiarities of Cafe Business
A small cafe can become a source of quite tangible profits, provided its business plan is well developed and properly implemented. Creating the business plan for cafe, it is important to consider several key features:
1. The selection of premises. This is a crucial factor that contributes to the future business success. It may take a long time before you find a suitable small room, but it’s possible to reduce the search period, if you know which category of visitors the room is meant for. If you plan to open a cafe for lunches, it should be located in the business center of the city. It is better to open mini restaurant for the sweethearts in quiet places with a beautiful nature (parks, lakes). Residential area or the suburbs is the best location for the family cafe.
2. The staff. The small restaurant does not require a lot of staff. It is enough to hire two cooks, two waiters and two bartenders. Additionally, you need an administrator and a cleaner. Of course, you can hire relatives and friends to keep all the profits for the family. It is not necessary to hire an accountant and legal adviser. Instead, you can make use of the services offered by the outsourcing companies.
Equipment for Cafe
The business plan of cafe for 30 seats has to include the costs for the acquisition of the following special equipment:
- Cash register. After the purchase, it is necessary to register the device at the local tax office and conclude an agreement with a special service organization.
- Tables – 10 pcs.
- Chairs – 30 pcs.
- Fridge for drinks – 1 pc.
- Refrigerator in the kitchen – 1 pc.
- Freezer – 1 pc.
- Bar stools – 4-6 pcs.
- Oven – 1pc.
- Coffee machine – 1pc.
- A teapot.
- Bar counter.
- Shelves behind the bar.
- Other items (dishes, tablecloths, household chemicals, etc.).
This is the minimum set of equipment, the cost of which amounts to at least $7,000.
- Pancake Cafe Business Plan
- Tea Cafe Business Plan
- Child Friendly Cafe Business Plan
- Coffee Shop Business Plan
- Anti-Cafe Business Plan
Peculiarities of Advertising Cafe
Advertising of the cafe should begin long before it officially opens. You need to start with the design of a signboard, interesting name and stylish facade. At this stage, you can also think about the decoration of tablecloths with the embroidered logos, which significantly increases the cafe’s attractiveness.
On the opening day, it is necessary to emphasize the cafe was opened. This can be done by decorating the entrance area and also place banners nearby. In addition, it is worth organizing promotions with big discounts, as well as contests with prizes on the opening day and two weeks after it.
Internet advertising is an important part of the cafe’s promotion campaign. It is necessary to develop your own website with a menu, photos of meals and the interior. It is also worth having pages in social networks and joining to the communities of your city.